Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No Bacon For Me

For some reason, this house is devoid of the delicious fatty food we call bacon. :/ 

Besides that obvious flaw, (and the fact that there is rarely a phone signal) Arkansas is awesome. In case I didn't mention it before, our family is here for our annual visit at my grandma's house to see our cousins from Illinois. And it sure has been....interesting.  Our cousins are around our ages, so it makes it much more fun. Of course, having not seen each other in a year, we have to catch up.

While balancing spoons on our noses, dyeing my hair blue (it washes out), and turning my brother into an emo child. It's better not to ask.

 I also had a lovely conversation with my aunt as we attempted for an hour to find the right road to the pool. We went on a magical adventure where we saw forgotten paths and mystical creatures that looked like unicorns without horns. I hear some cultures call them deer. Note to self: don't trust my aunt for directions. My legs are about to fall off, which won't be very helpful when we go tubing. Unfortunately, God has different plans, at least according to the weatherman. I have a new line for Blimeycows YOLO video:

"Going swimming while a lightning storm rages around me because I want to be electrocuted. YOLO."

Come on, you know you read that in Jordan Taylor's voice. ;)

Our grandparents have a house that is set on a steep hill that leads down to a lake, so we can go kayaking and swimming often. That also means we've got a few critters, like this guy: 




Why is this turtle hiding? Well, besides a screen in its face, my youngest brother has been terrorizing the animals. I'm glad we don't have a dog; we might get arrested for animal cruelty because of him. Kids these days...wow, that made me sound really old.

Another thing that we older kids are bonding over is Craigslist phone calls. I'm sure many of you are familiar with these, but if you aren't, it's when you go through the free section on Craigslist and  find some really weird stuff. Then you call the number for it and, at least for us, it goes something like this:
Us: Hi, is this the Craigslist ad for broken concrete?
Them: Yes it is.
Us: Oh, good. I'm interested in picking it up. Can I ask you a few things about it?
Them: Uh, I guess. 
Us: Hypothetically, could you use this concrete to knock someone out? Not kill them or anything, just a bump on the head. Also, how much concrete is there? Hypothetically, could you bury a dead body under there?
Them: What?!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that they almost called the cops. But let me tell you, it was HILARIOUS. There are some really weird people in the world. Including us. 

Well, I'm off to wish my brothers well as they leave to camp. This should be interesting. I'll leave you with this picture of the lake. 

Nice, isn't it? 
Talk to you guys later!
Audrey

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I gotta admit I read that like Jordan! ;D

    The lake looks great, btw. I love tubing! It's so much fun!! You should try skiing. If you have water skis that is. Or just try it with your feet. XD

    ReplyDelete